Thursday, September 11, 2008

Which Song Are You?

888DAG.com

If there's one thing I can be sure of, it's that music is a BIG part of who I am. I can't sing to save my life (as you may have seen in this video), and my fingers are more suited to captioning than strumming a guitar, but, all that aside, my life has a soundtrack.
It's an ever-evolving soundtrack, with new songs being added every day. My family and friends know this about me and they're usually the ones updating the track listing.
One of the best things you could say to me is, "Charlie, I heard a great song and I thought of you. Have a listen."

So, in celebration of my favourite sentiment, I will be posting songs/videos that make me think of my loved ones, in one way or another.

And my very first dedication is for... Mama Synesthesia. Her music is the Intro to my soundtrack :o)

Whenever I even hear the word 'Summertime', I automatically think of my mum because I know how much she loves this song, and 'Porgy and Bess'. I also know that a soulful voice affects both of us the same way. We were lucky enough to see Sharon Jones in concert earlier this year and it was an amazing night, with which I'm sure Mama, Barry and JP will agree.

I'm sorry the quality isn't great, Mama, but I know the performance is going to blow you away.

xx

I'll have a different song for a different Synesthete tomorrow. It could be you...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, I always try to play it so cool... and you've exposed my inner nerd for the world to see! At least, can you tell everybody that I also listen to Pearl Jam, Cold War Kids, N*E*R*D etc?!!! :-) That being said... I have to tell you how very special you made me feel after reading your posting and how incredibly proud I am of you! Your blog is exceptional, as are you. Soppy shit, all done, now! Love your work, let's do lunch!

wackyapparition said...

goose-bumps! hook me up with some more of that paleeeezzzzzzz1