Monday, September 15, 2008

I heard 'You Only Live Once' and I thought of you...

888DAG.com

..Barry.

Since we've been together, Barry has been making me mixed CDs. He obviously knew from the beginning that a way to Madame Synesthesia's heart is through her ears - and he knows what my ears like, even better than I do sometimes.

When handing over a new CD, he often prefaces it with, "Now I know you think you don't like (insert musician's name here) but just have a listen because I think you're gonna love it."

Needless to say he's usually right.

One such song is 'You Only Live Once' by the Strokes. I was never really receptive to the Strokes - not sure why - but when Barry sat me down and played me this song, I really changed my (usually monotone) tune. Now it will forever bring back memories of our drives, singing along to music, and just being happy together.

This one's for you, Buba.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

That actually isn't a bad song... for that genre, which, as you know, I'm not particularly fond of. Your Buba is so perceptive and way too cool for school! Who'd a thunk an RnB dude would be doin' Strokes?!!! Talk about diversity in music! Your Buba's the shit! (You ain't bad either....)

wackyapparition said...

keep bringin the beats Buba. x

Unknown said...

hee hee, you know buba knows where its at...