Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I heard 'Saint John' and I thought of you...

888DAG.com

..Stabby aka Sabrina aka Black Stabbath.

Stabby's been my partner in crime and music for a long time now.
We've always had very similar taste in music - our friendship was built on a shared love for Pearl Jam. But while I dabbled more in soul music, Stabby went on to personify Rock n' Roll - from the music she listens to, to her fashion, to her attitude.

'Saint John' by Cold War Kids is a song that ALWAYS makes me think of Sabrina, and one to which we always sing along very loudly. Cold War Kids is a great mix of rock and soul, just like our friendship. Rock n' Soul, baby!

Anyway, please check out Stabby's blog, 'In My Mind'. It's a feast for fashionistas.
But in the meantime, enjoy our very own footage of 'Saint John' (thanks for filming, Vicki! xx) from the Enmore Theatre in August this year.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Madame Synesthesia, how you melt my ol' rock n' roll soul!
We've had some great times together and I thank Eddie everyday for you!
Live on Old Saint John!

Madame Synesthesia said...

Ditto, Stabby! Live on Old Saint John indeed... even though he's on Death Row. I'm sure he'll be fine - he'sjust waiting for a pardon.