Thursday, September 25, 2008

An amazing Birthday present

888DAG.com

About a month before my birthday, Vicki the Viking asked me to name my four favourite soul singers. Of course I needed time to think about it, but I finally got back to her with the names of 4 singers who have really touched my soul.

1. Otis Redding
2. Aretha Franklin
3. Gladys Knight
4. Stevie Wonder

I couldn't quite work out why Vicki needed the names of four singers for my birthday present. Perhaps she was going to buy me four CDs?

I was waaaay off.

Just take a look at what she presented me with...



All hand-made by the Viking, with thought and soul - and a whole lotta talent. I still can't get over it. Thanks so much, Vicki. You're amazing.

By the way, I heard 'Idioteque' by Radiohead and I thought of you, Victoria.
Thanks for introducing me to this song, it means a whole lot to me, as do you.

4 comments:

Victoria Clark said...

Madame!
Thank you for the very sweet shout out! Love you heaps and heaps xox

Lise said...

That is brilliant!!! Love it!! Would be good if you could have it hanging on your wall!!! So original!! Well done Vic!

Madame Synesthesia said...

I already have them hanging on the wall. I just took photos of the paintings individually for the blog :)

Glinda said...

Wow! Fantastic, Vic. A lovely present for a lovely lady.