Friday, August 15, 2008

Synesthesia






Synesthesia (SIN-ess-THEE-zha) - also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia.

From the Ancient Greek σύν (syn), meaning "with," and αiσθησις (aisthēsis), meaning "sensation" — is a neurologically-based phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.



Some of us can hear the music.

Some of us can see it.

Everyone can feel it.

All you need is soul

5 comments:

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

All you need is Soul - you've got it Madame Synesthesia :)
Thanks for inviting me to your blog. Could you also please give me admin rights to your blog, so i can do the boring bits for you.
I love the color and movement - Madame rocks!

Madame Synesthesia said...

Mr Leopard, you now have admin rights. Don't spend too long on the boring bits, though. Remember - all fun all the time :) xx

Glinda said...

Yay! Go you and go Billy Idol! Love your site.

bigsister said...

My little sister...I'm so proud of you! Your blog has me thinking..and feeling..and dancing..and listening..and watching. Take a look at the clips for Bjork's Pagan Poetry and Unravel and read the lyrics. These two clips illustrate how music can speak to you on so many more levels - a delight for the senses!

Madame Synesthesia said...

My beautiful sister, thank you! I had a feeling Madame Synesthesia might speak to your soul. I'm looking forward to seeing the clips. You keep on thinking...and feeling... and dancing.
Next thing you know, you'll be filming some clips for DAG - I hope.

888 xxx